Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love? ~ Leo BuscagliaI have a knack for listening to someone's list and determining what to chip away at to reduce the struggle to maintain power. My listening and gentle guidance reduces the struggle to maintain power by offering the driven person certain tasks to be delegated. I want to sort the details, deadlines and determination of wills and produce accurate results. Sometimes a workaholic can't or won't let go and needs to provide a list an arm's length long because they fear me "analyzing their needs."
Either way, I'll attack the list with the same precision and patience. Often, I'll finalize the majority of line items long before the workaholic has time to recognize my innate ability to handle the mundane in a cheerful, prudent manner. However, if I am allowed to search out their meticulous mentality and I’m truly granted permission to pick apart, research, and administrate projects at my own sensible pace....the workaholics are baffled and grateful for my natural grace. I do not know how to explain how my mind works, it works. I function logistically, strategically and sometimes a bit too emotionally to drive results. I have up and downs. I have hang-ups; I battle demons, however, seek out the opinions of others and return to the master plan (list) with zealous abandon and an eye for the prize of resolution of what clutters another workaholic's lifestyle.
I am willing to dig in and get dirty on other's agendas because it provides me great joy - create joy - and time for a simpler life.
Basics of a simpler life:
Hug a child more often
- Hike on the trail
- Breathe in and out the fresh eucalyptus smell in the city after a cleansing rain.
- Cuddle with your pet(s) ~ Here is my cat, Fiona!
- Share stories with family and friends
- Leisurely stroll a museum or mall
- Sit with a cup of tea and a good book from the library
No comments:
Post a Comment