Friday, October 15, 2010

coulda shoulda's - common negativity battle

We all have done it... no don't shake your head at me, acting all holier than thou.  I'm a professional administrator and organizer and I'm admitting that I need to talk back more to the dreaded coulda, shoulda's.  Yes, we all face this common negativity battle.  

Yesterday, I was dragged, nope not by my hair, but firmly driven by my friend down southbound I-5 to a confidence building workshop, I'll call it Empowerment 101.  After that hour of hashing through our list of coulda, shoulda's, and 'what an idiot' moments... I had a light bulb go off... probably the Thomas Edison quotes aided me but I really got it! 

What am I battling?  Me and my long, constantly growing list, narcissistic clients (and the friendly ones too), new business concepts, mysterious dating rituals, and the grey days of October.  My common negativity battle is to face the coulda, shoulda's, stand tall and joyfully do more by appreciating everything I accomplish each day.  

I recommend that you also, take a moment to pause against the coulda, shoulda's and be firm and gentle with yourself.  Focus on your positive accomplishments versus your skewed negative views.  I am sure when you take a close look, you will find you have created yourself some joy too.  And if you desire gentle guidance, please contact me, I'm willing to share my organized planning to lessen your coulda, shoulda's list...

"Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing." 
~ Thomas A. Edison

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and insightful welcome! :-) I am always hungry for food for thought and your writing is a picnic spread. Luck with cultivating that which you most want. - JJP via Facebook

    ReplyDelete