Monday, December 13, 2010

Sunshine and Christmas Approaches

 This year I won't be home for Christmas...I'll be working the day before and the day after in sunny Southern California.  This year central Washington is receiving a ton of snow... here are some of my snowy pictures from other years I have visited....since my last winter as a permanent resident of the great Pacific Northwest.

 I remember very clearly, the crisp beauty of fresh snow.  I also remember the heartache of scraping windows, driving slowly down a steep icy grade to another town and praying not to hit black ice or the soft edge of the highway. 

Also, I have a clear, joyous memory of caroling sitting on hay bales in the back of a hay wagon drawn by four majestic horses....that is one of my favorite holiday memories - puffing steamy breath from the horses, a group of friends as carolers, dark skies with stars dancing in the heavens,  featherlight snow falling and piping hot, frothy cocoa with gooey marshmallows....




I'm dreaming of a white christmas,
just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten and children listen
to hear sleigh bells in the snow
I'm dreaming of a white christmas,
with every christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright,
and may all your christmases be white

I'm dreaming of a white christmas,
just like the ones I used to know
May your days be merry and bright,
and may all your christmases be white

May your days be merry and bright,
and may all your christmases be white
And may all your christmases be white

~ White Christmas ~ Irving Berlin




Merry Christmas ~ Peace on Earth and Good Will Toward Men


No comments:

Post a Comment